Benefit of Forgiveness

For the season of Lent I'll be sharing devotions from Grace Lutheran's devotional book: "Forgiven." 

While these devotions are not my words and may not represent my own faith or theological understanding, they are valuable personal faith perspectives of 40 of Grace's members and I am so grateful for their generosity in sharing them.

Part Two: Understanding Forgiveness

Luke 6:37-38 (benefit of forgiveness)

“Do not judge, and you will not be judged; do not condemn, and you will not be condemned. Forgive, and you will be forgiven; give, and it will be given to you. A good measure, pressed down, shaken together, running over, will be put into your lap; for the measure you give will be the measure you get back.”


Forgiveness is love. As you give love (forgiveness), God will continue to give you His love (forgiveness) in all things.

God is generous, so much more than we are.
Forgive those who hurt you.

Prayer:
Loving God,
forgive me when I fail to forgive. Be in my heart so I feel your love (forgiveness), so I may do likewise.
In Jesus name.
Amen


~ Joe

Popular posts from this blog

But we had hoped

Resurrection Run

The Gospel of Mark: The Burial of Jesus