Claiming the 'L' Word: Week Four

There is no longer Jew or Greek, there is no longer slave or free, there is no longer male and female; for all of you are one in Christ Jesus. And if you belong to Christ, then you are Abraham’s offspring, heirs according to the promise. ~ Galatians 3:28-29




Read this Quote from Brian McLaren's The Great Spiritual Migration*: 


"I was taught that (evangelism) meant converting people to the one true religion, namely my own. Now I believe evangelism means inviting people into heart-to-heart communication and collaboration with God and neighbors in the great work of healing the earth, of building the beloved community, of seeking first the kingdom of God and God's justice for all." 




How is this quote informed by our passage this week? What does he mean by "the beloved community?"



How am I myself being called to 'evangelize" - collaborate with all neighbors to help build the beloved community? How is my congregation being called?






Prayer: Make me your worker and partner in the healing of the earth. Amen





*Brian McLaren: The Great Spiritual Migration (New York: Convergent Books, 2016).

Popular posts from this blog

But we had hoped

Resurrection Run

The Gospel of Mark: Friday Follow-Up