Blessed to be a Blessing: Abraham and the nations

Our Stewardship theme this year at Grace is Blessed to be a Blessing, so from today through the Friday before Consecration Sunday, which is on October 18th, we'll look at what blessing means in scripture: Who blesses? How do we bless? What happens with a blessing? Who do we share our blessings with?


Now the LORD said to Abram, “Go from your country and your kindred and your father’s house to the land that I will show you. I will make of you a great nation, and I will bless you, and make your name great, so that you will be a blessing. I will bless those who bless you, and the one who curses you I will curse; and in you all the families of the earth shall be blessed.” ~ Genesis 12:1-3


This verse is our theme verse this year for our stewardship focus. As we lead up to consecration Sunday, let's think about what it means that we are all blessed through this promise that God made to Abraham.

This promise challenges us to remember that when we say things like God Bless America or God bless me or you...it doesn't go far enough.

The blessings that we ask for and are given are not for us alone. They are meant to further bless God's creation. We become God's partners then in the entire blessing of us all. We ask for blessing so that we in turn can me instruments of God's blessing.


Lord, help me to take the many blessings I have from you and share them with others for the ongoing blessing of your entire creation. Amen

Popular posts from this blog

But we had hoped

Resurrection Run

God's People: Abram