David's trust in a Forgiving God

For the season of Lent I'll be sharing devotions from Grace Lutheran's devotional book: "Forgiven." 

While these devotions are not my words and may not represent my own faith or theological understanding, they are valuable personal faith perspectives of 40 of Grace's members and I am so grateful for their generosity in sharing them.

Part Two: Understanding Forgiveness


Psalm 86:1-7, 15   (David’s trust in a forgiving God)

Incline your ear, O Lord, and answer me,
    for I am poor and needy.
Preserve my life, for I am devoted to you;
    save your servant who trusts in you.
You are my God; be gracious to me, O Lord,
    for to you do I cry all day long.
Gladden the soul of your servant,
    for to you, O Lord, I lift up my soul.
For you, O Lord, are good and forgiving,
    abounding in steadfast love to all who call on you.
Give ear, O Lord, to my prayer;
    listen to my cry of supplication.
In the day of my trouble I call on you,
    for you will answer me.
But you, O Lord, are a God merciful and gracious,
    slow to anger and abounding in steadfast love and faithfulness.


Forgiveness is a loving response to negative or hurtful action. When we are in trouble know that we can turn to the Lord. If that trouble is a problem we can ask for help. If that trouble is something we have done wrong we ask for forgiveness. With the Lord's ever present love, He will always forgive us. We put our trust in His compassion and mercy. He always answers our prayer with love.

Prayer:
Dear God, I pray to you as your servant, when I am grateful, and when I need help. I know you listen to me because you always give me the right answer and help. No matter what I do, You always give me love, mercy, and forgiveness for my sins. Thank you for the forgiveness you have given to your grateful servant.

Amen

~ John

Popular posts from this blog

But we had hoped

Resurrection Run

The Gospel of Mark: The Burial of Jesus