God's Forgiveness of Faithless Israel

Apologies! There was a technical problem (mostly human error!) and the 3/25 post did not go out by email. Please read it at the blog site: (https://gracemorningdevotion.blogspot.com)


For the season of Lent I'll be sharing devotions from Grace Lutheran's devotional book: "Forgiven." 

While these devotions are not my words and may not represent my own faith or theological understanding, they are valuable personal faith perspectives of 40 of Grace's members and I am so grateful for their generosity in sharing them.

Part Three: Telling the Story & Naming the Hurt

Jeremiah 3:12-14 (God’s forgiveness of faithless Israel)

Go, and proclaim these words toward the north, and say:
Return, faithless Israel,
says the Lord.
I will not look on you in anger,
    for I am merciful,
says the Lord;
I will not be angry forever.
Only acknowledge your guilt,
    that you have rebelled against the Lord your God,
and scattered your favors among strangers under every green tree,
    and have not obeyed my voice,
says the Lord.
Return, O faithless children,
says the Lord,
    for I am your master;
I will take you, one from a city and two from a family,
    and I will bring you to Zion.

My Thoughts:

(The message here I believe is that God is a Merciful God. He gets angry with us when we do our own thing, (Rebel), not obeying his word. He wants us to confess our disobedience listen to his voice and will forgive our transgressions)


The Prayer:

Father, forgive my disobedience, help me Father to obey your commands and listen to your voice, guide me in your ways.



Amen!
~ Jim

Popular posts from this blog

But we had hoped

Resurrection Run

The Gospel of Mark: The Burial of Jesus