God in Times of Sorrow

For where two or three are gathered in my name, I am there among them. ~ Matthew 18:20


Where can I go from your spirit? Or where can I flee from your presence? If I ascend to heaven, you are there; if I make my bed in Sheol, you are there. If I take the wings of the morning and settle at the farthest limits of the sea, even there your hand shall lead me, and your right hand shall hold me fast. ~ Psalm 139:7-10


The fullness of joy is to behold God in everything. ~ Julian of Norwich


In my home right now, day by day, there are three of us. God is there.

But in the mornings, often I sit in quiet. Alone in prayer time. God is there.

God is in both of those times and places.

Do you feel God's presence as you stay in place? Shelter at home?

God is there.

Do you know notice the holy as you walk around your block to get some fresh air and exercise, listening to only the sounds of the birds in the trees?

God is there.

Do you sense the Almighty as you wait alone for the grocery delivery?

God is there.

In the music that consoles you?

God is there?

In the time to catch up on a novel you've been wanting to read but haven't had the time, do you feel blessing?

God is there.

In the moments where stress or grief or worry bring you to your knees, do you know you are not alone?

God is there.

Do you feel Eucharistic joy as you share a meal with those in your household?

God is as much there as around the altar.

There will be and have been holy moments in this time of separation that we are experiencing. God blesses this time and takes part in it just as God would in our time gathered as community.

Know that in all things, God is there.


Prayer: Help me Lord to feel your presence in each moment of this day. Amen





Popular posts from this blog

But we had hoped

Resurrection Run

God's People: Abram