God in Times of Sorrow

Sing praises to the Lord, O you his faithful ones, and give thanks to his holy name. For his anger is but for a moment; his favor is for a lifetime. Weeping may linger for the night, but joy comes with the morning. ~ Psalm 30:4-5

One day at a time ~ Alcoholics Anonymous



Maybe your days have been something like mine have been lately.

When I begin to feel overwhelmed by the enormity of the situation our world finds itself in, I make my mantra this quote from Alcoholics Anonymous.

I can only take each day one at a time. I find if I spend my time thinking too far ahead of me, worrying about what the future may hold, I might miss the joy that could be right under my nose.

But what Psalm 30 also gives me is the reality that there may be weeping.

There likely will be weeping.

And it may linger.

But when we keep ourself grounded in the present moment, we can allow God to wipe our tears and open our eyes to the possibility that this day offers.


Prayer: You have given me the gift of this day, O Lord. Help me to make the most of it. Amen


Popular posts from this blog

But we had hoped

Resurrection Run

God's People: Abram